Thursday, May 14, 2009

We're in this together!!

Success! What a great story follower 'Phiddy' (Phyllis) took the time to share with me! I've posted it below. Yikes, with heating costs that high, I bet you own as many sweaters as I do!!
I like oil heat, but I'm looking forward to switching to propane - specifically - the 98% efficient furnace!!

Thanks again for the feedback - we really appreciate the support! Keep us posted on your progress!

To the rest of you, keep those stories coming - and if you have any questions, I'll do my best to try and get them answered!

"Hey there Kylee,We're just down the road from you in Jasper.

We went ahead and got our eco-audit done. Used the same guy you did... Derrick out of Kemptville. We too live in a not so new home. No records to prove when it was built but, everyone seems to think it's about 50 - 60 years old. We were rated at 41% energy efficient.... even less than your rating! Can you believe that? No wonder our heating (oil) bill was running about $100 to $125/week during our first winter here. We are going to be looking into the simple and most easily fixed things first. Insulating the attic and crawl space. The two areas we are losing most of our heat through.

Thanks for your blog. It sure has helped me on the way to making our home more energy efficient.
Phyllis

Oh and in the mail two days ago was the paperwork to fill out, send back in and then to receive our eco-audit rebate from the government.... sweet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment