Friday, May 1, 2009

One size does not fit all...

Phew, I feel like I haven't written in awhile... probably because I haven't!

I'm happy to report that things are still coming together - first on our list will be the interior insulation. Right now, I'm sure we're like many of you - waiting to see if we'll get a tax return to help with some of these initial costs.
So, we're playing the waiting game!

Now would be a great time to thank Chris for the comments he made to my last posting. He brings up a great point! We'll certainly be doing the research on our end to be sure the choices we make are safe for our house now - and in the long run.

Remember that every house is different - with its own unique design flaws or quirks or maintenance requirements. The important thing is that I trust the professionals we've chosen because of their track record, knowledge of their industry, and thoroughness! But, afterall - it is my house - so it's my responsibility to remain informed.

The improvements we've chosen are what we feel are - and that have been recommended as - the best for our home.

Do your research - ask questions - keep informed!

I admit, I'm still learning -

2 comments:

  1. http://homes.winnipegfreepress.com/index.php?action=news&step=article&id=808

    Article all about stone foundations.
    Chris' comments are correct if your basement is in poor shape and leaks alot through the walls.
    As you said in your title... one size does not fit all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Timothy - a great article! I've printed it off for reference.

    And thanks for following!!

    ReplyDelete