Monday, June 1, 2009

Progress!!

I'm happy to report that the waiting game is over!

Just like our water heater, our furnace has recently decided that it's insulted with the idea of being replaced and has stopped working just to prove this point. Fortunately, it's been pretty warm, so this hasn't been a huge issue - but talk about timing!

Luckily - try as they may - their attempts are wasted. In just a few short days, I'll be the proud new owner of an instantaneous hot water heater, a high-efficiency propane furnace and HRV system. The many years my husband has spent trying to get me to appreciate the amazing qualities of these units must finally be rubbing off on me - I'm excited!

And, because a high-efficiency furnace installed in poorly insulated home will still result in hard-earned dollars leaking out the windows (and doors, and cracks in the basement, etc) - we have our basement-insulation appointment scheduled shortly after.

I appreciate the feedback I've received about whether or not an older home like ours should consider foam insulation - but after much consultation and research, we are confident this is the right choice for us! As always - be sure to do your own research to make sure you're doing what's right for your own home.

This is the exciting part - because once these upgrades are finished, we're one step closer to grant money in our pockets!!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment