Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And onto the next...

Well, as I've reported, our new 98% efficient propane furnace, instantaneous tankless hot water heater, and HRV have been installed by Sauve Heating Ltd and our propane has been delivered - so on the heating side, we're good to go!

Next on the agenda - basement insulation. We've been slowly cleaning our basement so the guys from Merkley Drywall and Insulation won't have any problems making their way around. I'm sure you can imagine how much fun cleaning the basement can be - especially during the summer - so you probably understand why this hasn't happened sooner. But - we're on it! Sometime next week, we should have a fully insulated basement!

Once that's done - we'll be on the home stretch. As outlined in our eco-audit report, updating our heating system and insulating our basement will be our biggest money-savers. To compliment these efforts, however - we'll have to re-insulate the exterior of our home, as well.

I'm actually looking forward to moving on to the exterior-insulation phase because it means I need to start looking at siding options. While I know I'll have to consider what type of siding we choose - right now, I'm can't help but focus on colour!

C'mon, you can relate ..... right??

No comments:

Post a Comment