Monday, April 13, 2009

chocolate, turkey, and ... no hot water???

It must be karma.

We have been so happy to finally have the results of our audit - and are still coming down from the excitement of our open house; I think it's made us jaded. Or, maybe our house is insulted. Whatever it is, it sure is ironic timing!

Like most of you, we were settling ourselves for a weekend of turkey and easter egg hunts. After family meal #1 on Saturday, I was prepping myself for the second feast on Sunday when I quickly realized there was no hot water. As I had just been out for a run and had to spend the day with many people (as forgiving as family can be) - this was not a good thing.

I guess this is one of the benefits of marrying a heating guy - as my husband was quickly able to diagnose and treat the problem (although, I've been told it's just a temporary fix - our hot water tank is not happy with us).

What is it about appliances and machinery that makes them break down the minute you talk of upgrading? I swear they must have feelings.

Well, hot water tank - you can try your hardest but your threats don't scare me. You will be replaced with an instantaneous hot water tank - you're only making your time come to an end much sooner...

No comments:

Post a Comment